Update all the packages.
Finder: Application → TeX → Tex Live Utility
Open the .tex file by selecting .tex file and clicking [control]+[mouse button].
Select: Open With → Other… → Tex → TeXShop
If you meet the message like this:
go to “Apple menu → System Preferences… → Security & Privacy,
and click the “Open Anyway” button.
At the last part of the .tex file:
The last line indicates that this .tex file would use demo-abstract.blg file for appending references.
Currently, however, we do not have .blg file.
.blg file is generated by .bib file.
TeXShop: Select “LaTeX” mode, and click “Typeset” button.
[input] .tex, .blg
[output] .aux, .pdf
TeXShop: Select “BibTex” mode, and click “Typeset” button.
[input] .bib, .aux
[output] .blg, .bbl
.tex file needs .blg file which is generated from .bib file.
.blg file needs .aux file which is generated from .tex file.
1. Set the .tex file and .bib file so that they have the same file names.
For example, demo-abstract.tex, demo-abstract.bib.
2. Open .tex file using TeXShop, and select “LaTeX” mode, and click “Typeset” button, then .aux file will be generated.
3. Create .bib file, and set the contents which could be found at “https://scholar.google.com/” or “https://dl.acm.org/“.
4. Open .bib file using TeXShop, and select “BibTex” mode, and click “Typeset” button, then .blg file will be generated. (In this process, some warnings may appear, but it does not matter.)
5. Open .tex file again using TeXShop, and select “LaTeX” mode, and click “Typeset” button. If you meet the [?] instead of the right citation, you have to do this step twice.